For the most current job postings and to apply to work at Ices Plain & Fancy,
please click on the StaffedUp link directly below.
August 9th, 2017
The catering manager oversees the catering and private party side of our business, from initial sales and correspondence through execution and follow-up. The catering manager is an outgoing, high-energy ambassador for our company in various social, corporate, festival, wedding, and educational events both on and off-site. We are a fun add-on service to events large and small, making this a great position for those starting out a career in the event and hospitality industry.
- Answer all inquiries. Submit bids, coordinate with culinary and operations managers, plan event logistics, do any necessary site visits, host tastings, invoice and collect payment.
- Execute event. Equipment and product load-in & setup. Serve product with safety, quality, and superior customer service with an eye to retaining the client for future events and creating new client contacts. Perform science/culinary demonstration if included. Equipment load-out, storage, care and cleaning.
- Create a targeted game plan to grow relationships with clients and venues in order to increase catering and party sales. This includes hosting tastings, demonstrations, and working charity events as an ambassador of our company, as well as correspondence and follow-ups.
- Manage any catering and event support staff that are present.
- The catering manager will be expert in our processes, product, history, science, values and vision.
- This is a full time position; shop management shifts will round out hours that are not filled with catering events & their planning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to address many different personalities easily and and work with diverse groups of people
- Enthusiasm, high energy level, and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Professional appearance and willingness to dress for the occasion
- Ability to handle fast pace, stress and change in a professional manner
- Capacity to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Math skills – able to calculate package pricing, percentages, commissions, and apply concepts of basic algebra. Excellent cash-handling skills and ability to use a POS system
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, and various social media platforms
- Cost and quality conscious
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Superior time management, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Over the age of 21
- Must pass a background check, have a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation
- Restaurant industry or event experience is preferred